Peace Ridge Sanctuary invites you to our 2nd Annual 5k Run for the Animals & 1 Mile Fun Walk on October 14, 2023 at our Northeast Equine Sanctuary. The purpose of this event is to support the lifesaving work Peace Ridge does every day.
This is one of the very few fundraising events that Peace Ridge will host this year. The funds that are raised are vital in continuing to help feed and provide quality care as well as medical care for all our rescued animals. The funds will also aid us in rescuing more animals in need. The majority of the animals at the sanctuary have come from situations of extreme cruelty and have taught us what it means to endure and to be forgiving. We are tremendously grateful for your participation, and of any fundraising you are motivated to do.
The Northeast Equine Sanctuary is located in Freedom, Maine, amid lush green landscape mixed with fields and forests, making it the perfect spot for this compassionate cause. There are endless stunning views surrounded by several gorgeous horses and ponies. By October, this area will be bursting with beautiful warm fall foliage.
Address: 222 Barnes Road, Albion, Maine
The race is a 5k trail run (3.1 miles) & 1-mile trail walk open to all levels of physical fitness. Participants will be running or walking in the heart of nature along the perimeter of each enclosure, enjoying the company of the animals while they go about living their peaceful lives.
This is a family friendly event for all ages! It’s a great day to enjoy the company of fellow animal lovers & plant eaters.
There will be a FREE delicious vegan BBQ courtesy of one of our top sponsors Veggie Life, a PRS 5K selfie-frame for lots of pictures, several tables with goodies of their own from our additional lovely sponsors (a list that will be updated weekly). You can even joy a guided outdoor yoga and stretching practice before the event!
And for the kiddos especially - face painting, a nature scavenger hunt, corn hole and a fun animal art contest!
AWARDS & RAFFLE PRIZES
There will be great vegan friendly awards for top fundraisers, top 5K finishers as well as prizes raffled off after the race. A list of prizes and awards will be updated as the event nears.
$30 between now and September 13th
$36 between September 14th and October 13th
$40 day of event, October 14th
- T-shirts will be available to add on to your registration & may be available on race day as long as supplies last.
The deadline to order a shirt through RunSign Up will be September 1st 2023.
ADDITIONAL RACE DETAILS
- Check-in begins at 9:45 am (race starts at 11:30 am)
- Parking/Entrance: Corner of Barnes Road & Irving Lane. Parking in fields on the right.
- No companion animals allowed.
- No overnight parking or camping allowed.
- Materials provided race day: bibs for runners & walkers, safety pins & plenty of free goodies courtesy of our sponsors!
- Awards: Top 2 fundraisers, 1st overall adult male 5k finisher, 1st overall adult female 5k finisher, 1st boy and 1st girl 5k finishers (15 yrs. and under). Awards will be announced at 12:30 pm.
- Raffle tickets: Sold from 9:45 am until the race begins for $1 each. Lots of great prizes will be raffled off but the real focus of the race is of course the animals who we are running to support along with their amazing caregivers.
- BBQ: Tasty vegan food from Veggie Life after the race!
- Volunteers: Volunteers greatly appreciated! If you or a family member or friend are willing to help out the day of the event or leading up to the event, please contact Whitney at email@example.com We will definitely need volunteers for setting up and cleaning up!
- GotSneakers? We will be collecting used sneakers at the race, which will be donated to GotSneakers, who recycles and reuses them.