VISITING INFORMATION & SCHEDULE
Please note, that because of the ongoing highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) outbreak, certain parts of the sanctuary will be STRICTLY OFF LIMITS for the 2022 visiting season. Because of the very high risk to our rescued birds, please understand that it might be necessary for us to change or cancel certain event dates for safety reasons.
OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION & SCHEDULE
Thank you to everyone who made our 2022 visiting season a success! Our open house season typically runs from June - October each year and has finished up for the 2022 season. Please check back for 2023 dates in late winter/early spring.
EVENT INFORMATION & SCHEDULE
Our 2022 event schedule wrapped up in October. Please check back for 2023 event dates in late winter/early spring. Hope to see you soon!
SCHEDULING A PRIVATE TOUR
Donors giving a minimum of $250 (in the current calendar year) may schedule a private tour between the months of June and October. All private tours are limited to no more than 6 guests (unless other accommodations are made) and must be booked by email (email@example.com) at least two weeks in advance. While we will do the best to accommodate your preferred time/date, please know we will not be able to make all dates/times work given our busy schedules here but will work with you to try to find a time that works. Private tours are typically scheduled in the afternoon and run 1-2 hours long. If you would like to bring a vegan picnic to enjoy after your tour you are welcome to do so.
GENERAL VISITING GUIDELINES
Please carefully read and agree to the following guidelines before scheduling a visit:
- Please follow all of our COVID & HPAI safety precautions at all times
- Masks will be required for certain parts/areas of the tours - no exceptions
- Please, do not visit if you are/have recently been sick or have been around other sick people or anyone that has tested positive for COVID
- If you scheduled a visit but then get sick, please postpone your visit and let us know – we will accommodate your visit at a later date if possible
- Please carefully follow all written and posted safety guidelines for each barn/habitat
- If you have been around sick animals (or animals that you suspect may be sick) please do not visit us. We cannot risk exposing our animals and have very strict contagious disease quarantine protocols here
- If you have farmed animals or equines at home, please do not wear unwashed clothing that could potentially transmit disease to our animal residents and do not wear the same footwear you use around other farmed animals/equines – no exceptions
- If you have backyard birds at home, please consider waiting until HPAI has passed to consider visiting
- If you want to bring fresh (unspoiled) produce to donate to the animals it is greatly appreciated but for the safety of our visitors and animals, all donated food will be collected and fed out by our caregivers only – no feeding of the animals is permitted
- We have a strict 5mph speed limit at our main sanctuary property to ensure our animals and visitors are safe - please respect this speed limit and drive slowly
- For the safety of our animal residents, we cannot allow people to bring companion animals to PRS - please respect this rule and leave your furry friends home when visiting
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding and for helping to ensure that our visiting season is enjoyable and safe for everyone! If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org