2022 VISITING INFORMATION & SCHEDULE
Please note, that because of the ongoing highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) outbreak, certain parts of the sanctuary will be STRICTLY OFF LIMITS for the 2022 visiting season. Because of the very high risk to our rescued birds, please understand that it might be necessary for us to change or cancel certain event dates for safety reasons.
2022 OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION & SCHEDULE
Open House Days are a great opportunity to come see our rescued residents at our main shelter facility at 1111 Littlefield Road in Brooks, Maine. Please read our 2022 GENERAL VISITING GUIDELINES below for important information. To keep our Open Houses accessible to all in our community, please know there is a suggested donation of $25 per person, which will be used to go towards the cost of caring for our 450+ rescued residents. Please note, masking will be required at certain times and in certain places during open house days – no exceptions. Because we’ll be limiting the number of people on-site at any time, advanced registration will be required to reserve your spot.
2022 EVENT INFORMATION & SCHEDULE
Sanctuary Events are ticketed fundraisers to bring in support for our rescue, rehabilitation, and sanctuary programs here at PRS. As each event gets closer, we’ll post additional information as well as our ticket reservations system, but want people to be able to “save the date” in the meantime.
Saturday, July 9, 2022 – This is what REAL Happy Cows Look Like- Come join us for our annual family-friendly day celebrating our beloved bovine residents. While the highlight of the event is always our vegan ice cream sundae bar, there will also be educational sanctuary tours and crafts for kids and kids at heart. Stay tuned for tickets & more information!
Saturday, August 13, 2022 – Music & Art for the Animals - Come join us for an evening of classical music, twinkling lights, dessert, drinks, and an art auction benefiting our rescued residents. Stay tuned for tickets & more information!
Saturday, October 8, 2022 – Freedom 5k Benefit Run & Northeast Equine Tour - Come help us celebrate the opening of our new equine rescue facility in Freedom, Maine by joining us for a benefit 5k race, and/or touring our new facility. Click here to register & get more information!
SCHEDULING A PRIVATE TOUR
Donors giving a minimum of $250 (in the current calendar year) may schedule a private tour between the months of July and September. All private tours are limited to no more than 5 guests and must be booked by email (email@example.com) at least two weeks in advance. While we will do the best to accommodate your preferred time/date, please know we will not be able to make all dates/times work given our busy schedules here but will work with you to try to find a time that works. Private tours are typically scheduled between the hours of 1 pm-3 pm and are roughly an hour long. If you would like to bring a vegan picnic to enjoy after your tour you are welcome to do so, provided you follow our social distancing requirements.
2022 GENERAL VISITING GUIDELINES
Please carefully read and agree to the following guidelines before scheduling a visit:
- Please follow all of our COVID & HPAI safety precautions at all times
- Masks will be required for certain parts/areas of the tours - no exceptions
- Please, do not visit if you are/have recently been sick or have been around other sick people or anyone that has tested positive for COVID
- If you scheduled a visit but then get sick, please postpone your visit and let us know – we will accommodate your visit at a later date if possible
- Please carefully follow all written and posted safety guidelines for each barn/habitat
- If you have been around sick animals (or animals that you suspect may be sick) please do not visit us. We cannot risk exposing our animals and have very strict contagious disease quarantine protocols here
- If you have farmed animals or equines at home, please do not wear unwashed clothing that could potentially transmit disease to our animal residents and do not wear the same footwear you use around other farmed animals/equines – no exceptions
- If you have backyard birds at home, please consider waiting until HPAI has passed to consider visiting
- If you want to bring fresh (unspoiled) produce to donate to the animals it is greatly appreciated but for the safety of our visitors and animals, all donated food will be collected and fed out by our caregivers only – no feeding of the animals is permitted
- We have a strict 5mph speed limit at our main sanctuary property to ensure our animals and visitors are safe - please respect this speed limit and drive slowly
- For the safety of our animal residents, we cannot allow people to bring companion animals to PRS - please respect this rule and leave your furry friends home when visiting
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding and for helping to ensure that our 2022 visiting season is enjoyable and safe for everyone! If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org