Please review the following policies before booking your visit:
- PRS - 2022 Avian Influenza Visting Restrictions (detailed below)
- PRS - 2022 COVID Safety Protocols (detailed below)
- PRS - 2022 Visiting Guidelines (detailed below)
How to book your visit:
- Note - Advanced registration is required for all visits
- Click on one of the tour times below to reserve your tickets.
- Please do not book multiple visits. With limited capacity, we would like to ensure as many people who want to visit, can visit.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, when booking a tour there is a suggested $25 donation per person to go towards our animal rescue, rehabilitation, and sanctuary programs at PRS. If you are unable to afford this amount, please consider making a donation in whatever amount you are able. Thank you!
Please carefully read and agree to the following guidelines before scheduling a visit:
PRS - 2022 Avian Influenza Visiting Restrictions
Currently, there is an outbreak of highly contagious avian influenza (HPAI) circulating throughout much of the country, including here in Maine. This disease is spread by wild, migratory birds and has a +90% mortality rate in chickens, turkeys, and affects other species like ducks and geese. If the disease is detected on a property, state officials are required to come and kill 100% of the birds on site - regardless of whether they show symptoms. We are doing everything in our power to keep our birds safe, following best biohazard protocols, and limiting access. We need your help to keep everyone safe and can only have visitors who agree to the following:
- All bird areas will be strictly off-limits during the 2022 visiting season
- The pig areas *may* be off-limits during the 2022 visiting season
- If you have been around any birds today (domesticated or wild), including caring for your own birds, you will not be permitted to enter PRS public spaces, including the People Barn where our restroom is located
- Please do not wear unwashed clothing you have worn around birds, farmed animals, or equines
- Please do not wear footwear (even if it has been cleaned) that has been worn around birds, farmed animals, or equines
- If you have domesticated birds at home who currently have outdoor access, please consider postponing your visit until the current outbreak has ended
PRS - COVID Safety Protocols
Please note, our mask policy will remain in place for all of the 2022 visiting season (regardless of vaccination status) with the following rules:
PRS Masking Policy:
- Make sure to bring your mask and wear it anytime you are around PRS staff, near other visitors who aren't in your party, or in buildings on sanctuary property.
- You may remove your mask when you are outdoors and only with members of your party.
- Visitors will be able to access our People Barn to wash hands and use the restroom but must be masked up at all times inside the building.
Other Pandemic Restrictions:
- Please, do not visit if you are/have recently been sick or have been around other sick people or anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last two weeks
- If you scheduled a visit but then get sick, please postpone your visit and let us know – we will accommodate your visit at a later date if possible
- Please note, due to the pandemic and related public health concerns, PRS will not be providing food at open house events and ask that visitors refrain from bringing food or eating on sanctuary property
PRS - 2022 Visiting Guidelines
- If you have been around sick animals (or animals that you suspect may be sick) please do not visit us. We cannot risk exposing our animals and have very strict contagious disease quarantine protocols here
- If you have farmed animals or equines at home, please do not wear any footwear or unwashed clothing that could potentially transmit disease to our animal residents
- If you want to bring fresh (unspoiled) produce to donate to the animals it is greatly appreciated but for the safety of our visitors and animals, all donated food will be collected and fed out by our caregivers only – no feeding of the animals is permitted
- For the safety of our animal residents, we cannot allow people to bring companion animals to PRS - please respect this rule and leave your furry friends home when visiting
- We have a strict 5mph speed limit at our main sanctuary property to ensure our animals and visitors are safe - please respect this speed limit and drive slowly
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding and for helping to ensure that this visiting season is enjoyable and safe for everyone! If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com