Thank you for reserving your tour! An email confirmation has been sent to you.
Please be sure to carefully read the new visitor guidelines below. For the safety of our staff and animals, all visitors must adhere to these guidelines without exception.
We know this is a financially challenging time for many and it is important for us to ensure that our visiting season remains accessible to all in our community – especially those who have yet to hear our important message on how to help animals. But, significantly reducing the number of events we can have at the sanctuary means that we will likely see a reduction in financial support.
For those who are able to do so, we kindly request that you make a donation ($25 per guest suggested) when scheduling a visit if you aren’t already a current donor.
We look forward to having you at Peace Ridge!
Important Guidelines for Visiting Peace Ridge Sanctuary in 2020:
Please understand, we are doing everything we can to provide access for our supporters to come see the animals while minimizing the risk of infection as much as possible for our staff, our community, and for you, but we cannot guarantee there is no risk associated with visiting. So, if you are a high-risk individual, please carefully decide on your own whether or not 2020 is a good time for you to visit. And if you have been sick, have close contact with someone who is sick, or you are not able to safely practice social isolation policies in your own life (for whatever reason) and could pose a higher risk to our team or other visitors, please wait until it is safer to visit.
It is important for you to know that we are prioritizing the safety of our staff here (including high-risk individuals living/working on site) so it is very important that you follow all our safety rules without exception. Not only do we take our obligation to keep our staff healthy seriously, but you can imagine how hard it would be to take care of 300+ animals each and every day if we all (or even just a few of us) got sick. By protecting our staff, you are protecting our animals as well.
Please carefully read and agree to the following guidelines before scheduling a 2020 visit:
- Masks must be worn by visitors at all times on sanctuary property – no exceptions.
- Please, do not visit if you are/have recently been sick or been around other sick people.
- Please do not visit if you or someone you live with (or have close contact with) has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last month, even if you/they have no symptoms.
- If you scheduled a visit but then get sick (with COVID-19 or other symptoms), please postpone your visit and let us know – we will accommodate your visit at a later date if possible and open up your spot to our waiting list in the meantime.
- For out of state visitors, please follow Maine state guidelines and quarantine before you head to Maine or after you arrive – either way, quarantine before coming to PRS.
- Please respect the scheduled time of your visit and manage your time here accordingly:
- If you arrive early, wait at your car until your check-in time.
- If you arrive late, you’ll still have to leave at your scheduled departure time.
- You must check-in at your scheduled time and check-out before leaving.
- Please be back to your car by the end of your scheduled visit.
- We know an hour isn’t much time, but this schedule allows more people to visit.
- Visitors may not enter our “people barn” facility – this means that we will not have a public bathroom available for visitors – please plan accordingly as we need to keep this space for staff and logistically cannot disinfect our facilities before/after each visitor.
- Please carefully follow all written and posted safety guidelines for each barn/habitat.
- Please do not enter the same barn/area with other visitors who aren’t in your party.
- Please maintain at least 10’ between your party and other visitors/staff at all times.
- If you have been around sick animals (or animals that you suspect may be sick) please do not visit us. We cannot risk exposing our animals and have very strict contagious disease quarantine protocols here
- If you have farmed animals at home, please do not wear unwashed clothing/footwear that could potentially transmit disease to our animal residents.
- Please note, due to the pandemic and related public health concerns, PRS will not be providing food at open house events in 2020 like we did in 2019. While we have allowed visitors to bring their own (vegan) food to eat at the sanctuary before or after their tours in the past, please know we are not allowing picnicking on site this year and ask you to eat before/after coming to the sanctuary.
- If you want to bring fresh (unspoiled) produce to donate to the animals it is greatly appreciated but for the safety of our visitors and animals, all donated food will be collected and fed out by our caregivers only – no feeding of the animals is permitted.
- We have a strict 5 mph speed limit at our main sanctuary property to ensure our animals and visitors are safe – please respect this speed limit and drive slowly.
- For the safety of our animal residents, we cannot allow people to bring companion animals to PRS – please respect this rule and leave your furry friends home when visiting.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding and for helping to ensure that our 2020 visiting season is enjoyable and safe for everyone! If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com